This new Second Edition is also available in an interactive ebook format as well as the traditional printed text. Click here to find out more and to take a demo of the e-book!
Three interactive components in every chapter: self-assessment questionnaires, observational exercises, and reflection and action worksheets get readers actively involved in applying leadership concepts to their own lives. Grounded in leadership theory, yet accessible and reader-friendly, this book covers a fundamental aspect of leadership in each chapter and illustrates its application in real leadership situations. A final chapter discusses the key topic of ethics in leadership.
Key features of the Second Edition
- Looks at one quality of leadership per chapter, making it easier for readers to understand and apply material to their own lives
- Uses examples and case studies to illustrate each fundamental aspect of leadership (creating a vision, listening to out-group members, and overcoming obstacles, for example)
- Encourages readers to complete a Self-Assessment Questionnaire before reading each chapter to explore their own leadership styles and preferences
- Guides readers in examining behaviours of leaders from their own lives through each chapter’s Observational Exercise
- Includes Reflection and Action Worksheets that encourage readers to reflect upon their own leadership styles and identify an action plan for improving their leadership skills.