Publishing with SAGE Publications - the academic and professional publisher of choice
SAGE Publications is an independent international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media. Known for our commitment to quality and innovation, we are a world leader in our chosen academic, educational, and professional markets.
Innovative ideas and approaches consistently distinguish SAGEs publishing, across all of our lists. Our publications include:
- Journals at the forefront of knowledge, contributing to the disciplines of the future and delivered in varied electronic and print formats
- Academic and reference books with breadth of vision and values content
- Innovative teaching texts for college courses
- Professional books reflecting practical approaches to new perspectives and challenges
SAGE publishes more than 800 journals, including those of more than 300 learned societies and institutions. We are committed to meeting the needs of academic and professional communities and to working with those communities to define and meet the information needs of the future. This means keeping focused on the opportunities that arise through the development of new media, as well as new trends, new research agendas, new methodologies, and new publishing models.
Our mission is to enhance and distribute effectively intellectual property. Our extensive list of journals spans more than 30 disciplines and includes some of the premier journals in the social sciences and medicine and technology. SAGE prides itself on offering:
- responsive and flexible editorial and publishing support
- open and collaborative partnerships with editors and societies
- targeted international marketing
- high quality editorial production and printing
- speedy distribution and efficient customer service.
Because we are a privately owned publisher, we have the luxury of devoting substantial time and effort to cultivating our publishing relationships. You'll find working with us is much different than working with a large "mega-publisher." We are large enough to have all resources needed to serve our publishing partners and our customers, yet small enough to provide personal attention and responsiveness to your publishing needs.
Building on SAGE Publications' tradition of publishing high-quality scholarly works for more than 45 years, we concentrate our efforts on providing upper-level and graduate textbooks, and handbooks and professional books.
SAGE is one of the few remaining independent publishers. We are a publisher, first and foremost. Our goal is to publish books that offer innovative teaching solutions, approaches, and perspectives to the disciplines that we serve. While we are firmly guided by the needs of our market, we are driven to publish books that contribute to your students learning experience, to your colleagues, and to the field.
At SAGE, we recognize that our authors and editors are among our most important assets, and we are committed to developing strong and flexible partnerships that offer the following benefits:
- Thorough evaluation of proposals and sample material, with constructive feedback provided by experienced editors and peer reviews
- Involvement and support from your SAGE team throughout the writing and development process
- Consultation on design, production, and marketing issues
- High quality book production
- Global promotion, marketing, sales, and distribution