A Publication of the OBTS Teaching Society for Management Educators
The Journal of Management Education uses a web-based submission and review process.
Instructions for Manuscript Preparation
1. Prepare your manuscript for electronic transmission in MS Word or as an RTF file. Use Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced throughout, in a format that fits U.S. standard business size paper (8 ½” X 11”). Keep the manuscript text to 25 pages maximum; figures and references may be additional.
2. Prepare the manuscript in accordance with the latest edition of the APA Publication Manual.
3. Insert a running head that appears in the upper right-hand corner of each page. The heading should reflect the focus of the paper.
4. Insert page numbers in the upper right-hand corner after the running head.
5. Include an abstract of 100–200 words. It should provide a good idea of (1) the article’s contents, and (2). the benefits to be gained from reading the article. Use the abstract as an opportunity to sell your article to potential readers, including reviewers, while omitting nonessential material. Include the purpose and other primary pieces of information. For empirical papers, include major findings. Avoid placing introductory or explanatory material in the abstract.
6. JME manuscripts are blind reviewed by at least two experts in the field; therefore, avoid writing any text, references or footnotes in ways that could identify the author(s).
7. On the first page of the article include only the title, abstract, and keywords, with no acknowledgements, footnotes or any other information identifying authors or their affiliations. During submission, you will enter all information about the authors that usually appears on a title page in text boxes on the web-based submission form.
8. Remove from the submission any reference to the authors, the school, or other information that might serve to identify the authors. Carefully consider the context when considering references that might lead to identification.
9. You may cite your own work when it is absolutely necessary. When you do, carefully consider the context and edit the wording so as to preserve your anonymity. Do nothing that draws special or extra attention to these self-citations.
10. Note the desired placement of tables and figures within the text, but do not embed them in the text of the manuscript. Include them on separate pages following the text. Make sure each is clearly and appropriately titled. Refer to the APA guidelines for more advice on this topic.
11. When drafting your paper, please write in the first person. Use first person singular (i.e., I) for a single-authored paper and first plural (i.e., We) for papers with multiple authors. Avoid switching into the third person (i.e., into a ‘passive voice’) and do not use the word ‘We’ (or similar ones) to refer to ‘the body of knowledge.’ We prefer simple, straightforward language that communicates clearly to the readers.
12. When writing, please use explanatory rather than declarative language. In other words, explain to the readers how you have arrived at your conclusions rather than simply telling them what your conclusions are.
Instructions for Manuscript Submission
After you enter SAGE Publication's web-based manuscript submission system, the process consists of the following steps:
1. Create an account (if you do not have one on new JME’s Manuscript Central submission system; please note that usernames and passwords from the system we used in 2011 and before will NOT work on the new system)
2. Through the same web address, go to the Author Centre and follow the instructions to enter details about the authors and to upload your submission.
No part of the submission is final until all steps have been completed and the final Submit button has been clicked. Shortly after submitting, authors will receive an automatically generated acknowledgement by email. This email message will provide the manuscript number and website link to use for checking the status of the submission, submitting revisions, and contacting the editors.
Click here to submit an article to the Journal of Management Education.
Note: The submission URL is http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jome.
Instructions for Submitting Manuscript Revisions
At any time that you need to submit a revision, please use the Revise Submission feature at the website link provided in your acknowledgement email. Please do not upload your revision as if it were a new manuscript. Uploading revised manuscripts as if they were new manuscripts only delays the review and decision process. If you need assistance, please email the Associate Editor assigned to your manuscript or the Editor.
English Language Help
Authors who would like to refine the use of English in their manuscripts might consider using the services of a professional English-language editing company. We highlight some of these companies at http://www.sagepub.com/journalgateway/engLang.htm.
Please be aware that SAGE has no affiliation with these companies and makes no endorsement of them. An author's use of these services in no way guarantees that his or her submission will ultimately be accepted. Any arrangement an author enters into will be exclusively between the author and the particular company, and any costs incurred are the sole responsibility of the author.
|Institutional Subscription, Combined (Print & E-access)||£393.00|
|Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, Combined Plus Backfile (Current Volume Print & All Online Content)||£432.00|
|Institutional Subscription, E-access||£354.00|
|Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, E-access Plus Backfile (All Online Content)||£393.00|
|Institutional Backfile Purchase, E-access (Content through 1998)||£662.00|
|Institutional Subscription, Print Only||£385.00|
|Individual Subscription, Print Only||£74.00|
To purchase a non-standard subscription or a back issue, please contact SAGE Customer Services for availability.
firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 20 7324 8701
|Institutional, Single Print Issue||£71.00|
|Individual, Single Print Issue||£16.00|
|Frequency:||Published 6 times a year||eISSN: 1552-6658||ISSN: 1052-5629|
|Months of Distribution:||February , April , June , August , October , December||Current Volume: 37||Current Issue: 2|
|Other Titles in:||Business & Management | Education | Organizational Behaviour|