Guidelines for Contributors to Science, Technology & Society
1. Manuscripts and all editorial correspondence should be addressed to: The Editor, Science, Technology & Society, Centre for Studies in Science Policy, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India.
2. Contributors must provide their affiliations and complete postal and e-mail addresses with their papers.
3. All articles should be typed on one side of the paper (preferably A4) and double-spaced throughout (not only the text, but also displayed quotations, notes, references and all other matter). Manuscripts should be accompanied by a CD-ROM or floppy disc in IBM compatible format, preferably in MS Word, and identical in every respect to the hard copy. All articles must be accompanied by an abstract of 150-200 words. Notes should be numbered serially and presented at the end of the article. Notes must contain more than a mere reference.
4. British spellings throughout; universal 's' in '-ise', '-isation' words.
5. Single quotes throughout. Double quote marks used within single quotes. Spellings of words in quotations should not be changed. Quotations of 45 words or more should be separated from the text and indented with one space with a line space above and below.
6. Use 'nineteenth century', '1980s'. Spell out numbers from one to ninety-nine, 100 and above to remain in figures. However, for exact measurements use only figures (3 km, 9 per cent not %). Use thousands and millions, not lakhs and crores.
7. Use of italics and diacriticals should be minimised, but consistent.
8. Tables and figures to be indicated by number separately (see Table 1), not by placement (see Table below). Present each table and figure on a separate sheet of paper, gathering them together at the end of the article.
9. A consolidated alphabetical list of all books, articles, essays and theses referred to (including any referred to in the tables, graphs and maps) should be provided. It should be typed in double-spacing and will be printed at the end of the article. All articles, books and theses should be listed in alphabetical order of author, giving the author's surname first followed by initials. If more than one publication by the same author is listed, the items should be given in chronological order. References should be embedded in text in the anthropological style. For example: '(Habib 1987: 114)'. A page number is needed when quoting from a source. The detailed referencing style is as follows:
Needham, Joseph (1970), The Grand Titration. London: Allen and Unwin.
b) Edited Volumes:
Petitjean, P., C. Jami and A.M. Moulin, eds (1992), Science and Empires: Historical Studies About Scientific Development and European Expansion. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
c) Articles in Edited Volumes:
Krishna V.V. (1996), 'A Portrait of Scientific Community in India: historical Growth and Contemporary Problems', in J. Gaillard, V. V. Krishna and R. Waast, eds, Scientific Communities in the Developing World. New Delhi: SAGE Publications, pp. 223-46.
d) Articles in Journals:
Sharma, Arvind (1972), 'British Raj and Indian Economic Development: The 19th Century as a Case of Controversy and Methodology', Indian Economic Journal, 19(3), pp.443-59.
Baba, Y. (1985), 'Japanese Color Television Firms' Decision Making from the 1950s to the 1980s: Oligopolistic Corporate Strategy in the Age of Microelectronics'. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Sussex, Sussex.
10. Book reviews must contain name of author and title of book reviewed, place of publication and publisher, year of publication, number of pages and price.
For a more detailed stylesheet write to:
SAGE Publications India Private Limited
B 1/I 1 Mohan Cooperative Industrial Area
New Delhi 110 044
Tel: 91-11-4053 4222; Fax: 91-11-4053 9234
|Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, Combined Plus Backfile (Current Volume Print & All Online Content)||£232.00|
|Institutional Subscription, E-access||£190.00|
|Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, E-access Plus Backfile (All Online Content)||£211.00|
|Institutional Backfile Purchase, E-access (Content through 1998)||£190.00|
|Institutional Subscription, Print Only||£207.00|
To purchase a non-standard subscription or a back issue, please contact SAGE Customer Services for availability.
email@example.com +44 (0) 20 7324 8701
|Institutional, Single Print Issue||£76.00|
|Individual Single Print Issue||£23.00|
|Frequency:||Three times a year||eISSN: 0973-0796||ISSN: 0971-7218|
|Months of Distribution:||March , July , November||Current Volume: 18||Current Issue: 1|
|Other Titles in:||Sociology of Science|