|Nicholas Walliman||Oxford Brookes University|
|© 2004||296 pages||SAGE Publications Ltd|
Your Undergraduate Dissertation: The Essential Guide for Success is a practical step-by-step guide to managing and developing a successful undergraduate project.
Nicholas Walliman offers a comprehensive and easy to follow guide to both the theoretical and practical aspects of doing a dissertation. This book provides a clear and structured explanation of how to undertake a project, helping readers to identify and acquire the necessary skills to plan and carry out the research and writing.
This practical and concise book provides:
- Advice for preparing a project and choosing a topic
- Guidelines for writing a project proposal and producing a literature review
- Advice on choosing and implementing appropriate methodology
- An awareness of ethical issues
- Methods of data collection and analysis
- Information for writing-up the report
- Interdisciplinary case-studies and `real-life' examples to illustrate key themes
This book is a compact, easy-to-read guide to all the essential facets of dissertation writing at undergraduate level. Written in a lively and engaging manner, its use of humorous illustrations, simple exercises and useful guides to further reading, make it an attractive handbook for students across the social sciences.
Written by an experienced lecturer and writer, this book is a`must-have' for a any student anxious to maximize their success in dissertation writing.