Foreign Rights Requests
Foreign rights for SAGE Publications books published from London and for Paul Chapman Publishing books are handled by SAGE Publications from our London office.
To obtain information about the availability of the translation rights please use our Foreign Rights Request Form (Microsoft Word 2 document, 271kb).
If the translation rights are still available we will grant you a three months option. The validity of your option starts from the date we send you the reading copy. Please be advised that translation rights can be sold only to registered publishing companies.
If you are a publisher and would like to be on our mailing list to receive information about our titles on a regular basis, please e-mail your company name, contact name, full address, and e-mail along with a list of subjects of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Translation rights requests for books published by SAGE Publications from our California office or by Pine Forge Press or Corwin Press should be sent to our California office - Translations Rights Request Form.
It is our policy to contract directly with the foreign language publisher. The foreign language publisher makes its own arrangements with the translator. The foreign language publisher is free to contract with the translator it feels most appropriate to complete a true and faithful translation of the original within the time constraints.
If you are interested in pursuing the idea of translating the book, we make the following suggestions:
- Find out what publishers are currently publishing in this area in the relevant country
- Write a formal proposal to send to publishers with a description of the book
- If you require additional details to support your proposal from SAGE Publications, please feel free to contact us.
- Interested publishers should contact the Foreign Rights Department at SAGE Publications for an option on the language rights and a reading copy of the book
- In order to assess a proposal to contract, the interested publisher should provide SAGE Publications with the information requested on the our Foreign Rights Request Form (Microsoft Word 2 document, 271kb) and provide a catalogue of their publishing list in the subject area for London published books, or at Translations Rights Request Form for books published from California.
Contacting SAGE Publications' Foreign Rights Departments
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com regarding books published from our London office or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding books published from our California office.