|Gary Thomas||University of Birmingham|
|June 2013||328 pages||SAGE Publications Ltd|
Packed full of relevant advice and real world examples the book guides you through the complete research process. Using refreshingly jargon-free language and anecdotal evidence it is a witty, easy to follow introduction that will answer your questions, set out best practice and walk you through every stage of your project step-by-step.
- How to choose your research question
- Project management and study skills
- Doing an effective literature review
- Methodology, theory and research design
- Design frames
- Ethics and access
- Tools for data collection
- Effective data analysis
- Discussing findings, concluding and writing up
The expanded, insightfully redesigned second edition has a fully integrated Companion Website including student worksheets, annotated examples and links to SAGE Journals.
Gary Thomas also has an exciting new video in which he explains what’s new to this Second Edition.
This popular book is ideal for anyone undertaking a research project in the applied social sciences.