|Gillian Rose||The Open University|
|© 2012||408 pages||SAGE Publications Ltd|
The new edition of Gillian Rose's bestselling critical introduction to the study and analysis of visual culture has been fully revised and updated. Each chapter retains its rigorous examination and demonstration of an individual methodology, while continuing to be clear in structure and lucid in style. Reflecting changes in the way society consumes and creates its visual content, new features include:
• A Companion Website featuring additional examples of digital and social media, and moving images. Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/rose
• Pedagogical enhancements including full colour images, extended further reading, and updated case studies and visual examples
• An additional chapter and expanded coverage on social and new media, and more information on the mass media in general (TV, Print, Broadcasting)
• An expanded focus on how each method can be used in relation to a range of different visual materials
• An additional chapter on how to use visual materials for research and the presentation of research findings.
A now classic text, the book appeals to undergraduates, postgraduates, researchers and academics in all subjects looking to understand and clearly grasp the complex debates and ideas in visual analysis and interpretation.