|Jennifer Boore||University of Ulster|
|Patrick Deeny||University of Ulster|
|© 2012||360 pages||SAGE Publications Ltd|
- meets both professional and academic requirements;
- integrates theory and practice;
- enables students to achieve the skills and competencies they need for professional practice;
- includes different methods of teaching and learning;
- provides clear guidance for student selection and assessment.
Balancing theoretical principles with practical application, and linked closely to the NMC's 2010 standards for pre-registration nursing, Jennifer Boore and Pat Deeny illustrate clearly and accessibly how to develop tailored education programmes so that nurse educators and clinicians in practice can enable their students to provide up-to-date and appropriate patient care.